ELKLAN-‘LETS TALK WITH THE UNDER 5’s’
You will learn about –
- What is communication,
- Adult-child interaction,
- Play – the link between play and language,
- understanding language
- using words and sentences,
- asking questions and sharing books and helping
children with unclear speech.
*This is an accredited course which means if you choose you can record your ideas, observations and activities in a booklet. You can gain a certificate from the Open College Network. This could help you with employment opportunities.*
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE SUPPORT
My name is Emma and I am a Speech and Language Therapist with Dalriada SureStart.
My job involves providing:
- Training courses for parents, staff and early years workers including Hanen – You Make the Difference and Elklan – Let’s Talk with Under 5s (For more information look under ‘courses)
- Speech and Language support in the two year old programmes
- Visits to Parent and Toddler groups to offer speech and language advice to parents
- Speechand Language groups in playgroups and nurseries.
- Home visits to offer speech and language support and advice.
If you have any questions or queries about your child’s speech and language skills, I would love to hear from you!
Tuesday & Wednesday
Dalriada Rural Sure Start
028 207 30444
Coleraine Sure Start
703 45918/ 21032